Christmas Forest Day with Archery
Let your children spend a great festive day in the woods.
They can spend the day in the private woodlands learning how to light fires, build dens, make bows and arrows, cook on the open fire, whittle and shoot some arrows on the archery range.
The children are in the safe hands of experienced Forest School practitioners.
The day starts at 9.30 and you can drop off your explorers with a packed lunch and sausages to cook on the fire. The children are introduced to the area and each other and with lots of tuition and support, can go in search of an adventure of their choice.
A break for hot chocolate and cookies around the camp fire keeps the energy levels up and then off again into the wilderness for more fun.
The children can fill their day and choose their activities in whatever way they want and Forest and Beach staff are there to support.
After lunch the sausages are cooked, marshmallows are toasted on the fire and your happy pioneers, with new found friends are in their element having spent a day outdoors.
Forest and Beach return your swashbucklers at 3.30pm, muddied and smelling of campfire and full of tales of their day. Ages: 5 yrs upwards.
For further information, call Pete on 01548 580 744,
A short video of our Forest Days filmed during February half term with a GoPro camera. Much of the footage is filmed by the children wearing the camera. The video is a snapshot of a great day outdoors!
Booking and Payment Terms and Conditions
- Places for all sessions can be booked and paid for online on our secure booking system.
- Bookings can only be made by adults 18 years and over.
- If you have difficulty doing this then please email or phone: Tel: 07740363674 Email: email@example.com
Cancellations due to Illness or Covid
- If your child begins to show symptoms of Covid then they must stay at home. You will be able to rebook another session or request a refund minus 10% to cover administration fees.If your child begins to show symptoms of Covid then they must stay at home. You will be able to rebook another session or request a refund minus 10% to cover administration fees.
- If we have to cancel or postpone a session due to staff illness then we will offer a chance to rebook or we will refund you.
- Our new education centre is currently under construction so we do not have an indoor space to use this year. If we have sudden, unexpected severe weather we have a shelter to go to. However, if high winds and thunderstorms are forecast for the day we will have to cancel. We will study forecasts and will endeavour to inform parents/carers by 5pm the previous evening of the Forest Day. We will offer a full refund or a credit note for another session.
- Please understand that these decisions are made to ensure the safety of all and would be taken after studying numerous weather reports. We do understand for working parents this might be difficult so we will give as much advanced warning as possible.
- On drop off and pick up please take care when entering and exiting the car park. Please be aware that our new education centre is currently under construction and zoned off. We will endeavour to arrange any deliveries prior to drop off and pick up but, the car park could be busy at these times.
- Forest Days with Archery will take place in our adjacent woodland.
- Meet and greet will be clearly signed taking you to our base, across the field.
What your child will need to bring to a Forest Day
- Packed lunch
- Refillable water bottle
- Sausages/bacon (meat or veggie) for camp fire cook-up (optional).
- Own mug for hot chocolate
- Suitable clothing for being outdoors all day. We always recommend long trousers/leggings for the woods.
- Change of clothes for younger children or if the weather forecast is wet.
- Wellies, walking boots, sturdy trainers. Not open toe sandals, crocs or flip flops.
- If it’s a wet day, warm waterproof coat and waterproof trousers.