Forest Day with Archery 14 February
Let your children have an adventure at Forest and Beach.
They can spend the day in the private woodlands learning how to light fires, build dens, make bows and arrows, cook on the open fire, whittle and shoot some arrows on the archery range.
The children are in the safe hands of experienced Forest School practitioners.
The day starts at 9.30 and you can drop off your explorers with a packed lunch and sausages to cook on the fire. The children are introduced to the area and each other and with lots of tuition and support, can go in search of an adventure of their choice.
A break for hot chocolate and cookies around the camp fire keeps the energy levels up and then off again into the wilderness for more fun.
The children can fill their day and choose their activities in whatever way they want and Forest and Beach staff are there to support.
After lunch the sausages are cooked, marshmallows are toasted on the fire and your happy pioneers, with new found friends are in their element having spent a day outdoors.
Forest and Beach return your swashbucklers at 3.30pm, muddied and smelling of campfire and full of tales of their day. Ages: 5 yrs upwards.
For further information, call Pete on 01548 580 744,
A short video of our Forest Days filmed during a February half term with a GoPro camera. Much of the footage is filmed by the children wearing the camera. The video is a snapshot of a great day outdoors!
Booking and payment terms and conditions
- Places for all sessions can be booked and paid for online on our secure booking system.
- Bookings can only be made by adults 18 years and over.
- If you have difficulty doing this then please email or phone: Tel: 07740363674 Email: email@example.com
Cancellations due to illness
- If your child is poorly on the day of the Forest Day we will be happy to offer a credit note for them to attend another day, we are unable to offer refunds.
- If we have to cancel or postpone a session due to staff illness or extreme weather conditions then we will offer a chance to rebook or we will refund you.
- If high winds and thunderstorms are forecast for the day including weather warnings and named storms we will have to cancel. We will study forecasts and will endeavour to inform parents/carers by 5pm the previous evening of the Forest Day, however normally it will be 1 or 2 days prior to the Forest Day if forecasts indicating high winds etc. We will offer a full refund or a credit note for another session.
- Please understand that these decisions are made to ensure the safety of all and would be taken after studying numerous weather reports. We do understand for working parents this might be difficult so we will give as much advanced warning as possible.
Important additional information
- Arrival – you are welcome to arrive prior to 0930hrs but please may we ask you stay in or around the car (getting kitted up!) until 0920hrs when we will start registration.
- On drop off and pick up please take care when entering and exiting the car park as children will be accessing the site through the car park.
- Forest Days with Archery will take place in our adjacent woodland.
- A member of our Team will register your child’s arrival at the car park, please ring if you are going to be late as we might have left to walk down to the woods.
What your child will need to bring to a Forest Day
- Packed lunch
- Refillable water bottle
- Sausages/bacon (veggie or meat) for camp fire cook-up (optional).
- Own mug for hot chocolate
- Suitable clothing for being outdoors all day with plenty of spare layers for children to add if needed. We always recommend long trousers/leggings for the woods.
- Change of clothes for younger children or if the weather forecast is wet.
- Wellies, walking boots, sturdy trainers. Not open toe sandals, crocs or flip flops.
- If it’s a wet day, warm waterproof coat and waterproof trousers.
Forest and Beach
From Kingsbridge direction follow A379 towards Dartmouth. At Stokenham, Carehouse Cross Roundabout take the right turn signposted Beesands. After 1 mile, at Beeson Pool junction, turn left signposted Beeson, Beesands. Then take immediate right, we are at brow of hill on left (double gates). Look for our sign at the bottom of the hill. SatNav sometimes directs people through the village of Beeson, we are not located in the village.