Forest Day with Archery and Paddle Boat Theatre Production 26 July
Spend a day with Forest and Beach and Paddleboat Theatre Company!
Experience a day jam packed with outdoor activities such as archery, fire lighting, shelter building, crafts and drama workshops. The day will finish with Paddleboat Theatre Company performing ‘Margo & Mr Whatsit’ with the beautiful Start Bay as a backdrop
About the play
‘Margo & Mr. Whatsit’ is the third show from the award-winning PaddleBoat Theatre Company. It was developed in creative collaboration with primary schools in Devon, and combines innovative and surprising storytelling with audience interaction, object play and clowning.
It explores the themes of imagination, family, friendship and home, and tells the story of a young girl and her imaginary friends as she settles into her new foster home. Many of the schools we work in identified that their looked-after children received little in the way of representation in stories and theatre, and so we saw an opportunity to tell an untold story.
The show is ideal for a family audience and all of PaddleBoat’s performers are skilled in making their work accessible for young audiences, inviting them into the process of creating and sharing stories
“Paddleboat: Young, Energetic and Inventive”
Lyn Gardner, The Guardian.
For further information, call Pete on 01548 580 744,
Booking and Payment Terms and Conditions
- Places for all sessions can be booked and paid for online on our secure booking system.
- Bookings can only be made by adults 18 years and over.
- If you have difficulty doing this then please email or phone: Tel: 07740363674 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations due to Illness or Covid
- If your child begins to show symptoms of Covid then they must stay at home. You will be able to rebook another session or request a refund minus 10% to cover administration fees.If your child begins to show symptoms of Covid then they must stay at home. You will be able to rebook another session or request a refund minus 10% to cover administration fees.
- If we have to cancel or postpone a session due to staff illness then we will offer a chance to rebook or we will refund you.
- Our new education centre is currently under construction so we do not have an indoor space to use this year. If we have sudden, unexpected severe weather we have a shelter to go to. However, if high winds and thunderstorms are forecast for the day we will have to cancel. We will study forecasts and will endeavour to inform parents/carers by 5pm the previous evening of the Forest Day. We will offer a full refund or a credit note for another session.
- Please understand that these decisions are made to ensure the safety of all and would be taken after studying numerous weather reports. We do understand for working parents this might be difficult so we will give as much advanced warning as possible.
- On drop off and pick up please take care when entering and exiting the car park. Please be aware that our new education centre is currently under construction and zoned off. We will endeavour to arrange any deliveries prior to drop off and pick up but, the car park could be busy at these times.
- Forest Days with Archery will take place in our adjacent woodland.
- Meet and greet will be clearly signed taking you to our base, across the field.
What your child will need to bring to a Forest Day
- Packed lunch
- Refillable water bottle
- Sausages/bacon (meat or veggie) for camp fire cook-up (optional).
- Own mug for hot chocolate
- Suitable clothing for being outdoors all day. We always recommend long trousers/leggings for the woods.
- Change of clothes for younger children or if the weather forecast is wet.
- Wellies, walking boots, sturdy trainers. Not open toe sandals, crocs or flip flops.
- If it’s a wet day, warm waterproof coat and waterproof trousers.