What we do
At Forest & Beach, we encourage children and adults from all walks of life to get outdoors to explore and enjoy our magnificent, beautiful, amazing, incredible natural world! We aim to inspire people to love and respect our environment, and to develop a greater sense of responsibility for protecting our planet for the future. We do this through a wide range of activities - working with schools, groups, businesses, and individuals.
Work with schools
Our work with schools includes forest school, curriculum-linked days (covering a variety of subjects), school residentials, training and advice for teaching staff on outdoor learning topics, helping schools achieve the John Muir Award, and pupil premium trips to Forest & Beach.
Holiday activity days for children
In the school holidays, we offer a range of fun holiday activity days to children. Children have the freedom to explore the outdoors with supervision from experienced teachers. Activities include forest days, beach days, coastal adventure days and canoe adventure days.
Team-building days for local businesses
We also offer team days for local businesses. Programmes can be tailored to specific corporate requirements with team-building activities such as archery, firelighting, shelter-building, canoeing, coastal walks, beachcombing and lighthouse visits.
In 2018, we are running a series of bespoke days for home educated children - click here for flyer.
Please note that on occasions, we can also organise children's parties here at Forest & Beach. Please get in touch for further information.
What are the benefits of our work?
Spending time at Forest & Beach promotes a range of holistic benefits including:
- Health and fitness - being active in an outdoor, natural environment.
- Increased emotional wellbeing - developing confidence and self-reliance.
- Social development - communicating and negotiating to solve problems and share experiences.
- Skills development - developing fine and gross motor skills and coordination for real purposes.
- Gaining knowledge and understanding - using all of our senses, problem-solving and real-life learning.
- Individualised learning - careful observation allows staff to tailor support to individual's interests and development needs.
- Curriculum Links - our work supports many areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, National Curriculum, World Wide curriculum and the Every Child Matters agenda.